OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
Responsible for the fixed income investment activities of the Company including formulation of investment strategies, investment portfolio, projection, investment proposals, risk assessment, compliance, monitoring investment activities undertaken by fund manager(s).
- Responsible for development of fixed income investment’s goals, objectives and investment strategies for funds under management.
- Formulation of appropriate fixed income investment portfolio for each fund in accordance with the mandate and objectives.
- Responsible for preparing fixed income investment projection/budget and investment proposals for funds under management.
- Responsible in preparing and updating of fixed income investment policy and procedures.
- Monitor the fixed income investment activities undertaken by fund manager(s) to ensure that investment activities are in adherence to the strategy, projection and policy.
- Responsible to conduct risk assessment exercise and compliance from time to time and report to the respective committees of any risk exposure and non-compliance issues. This includes formulating strategies and action plan to regularize the investment position.
- Communicate with fund manager(s) with regards to investment activities including investment instruction and assessment evaluation of fund manager(s).
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Keep abreast with the investment market, economic outlooks and rules and regulations of both domestically and internationally.
- Responsible to gather, analyse and manage information data and update the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Executive Officer, respective committees and Board of Directors for decision-making.
- Conduct feasibility studies on new investment opportunities for recommendations and performing regular investment reviews.
- A Bachelor’s degree with major in either / mixture of Investment / Business Administration / Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- A holder of Capital Market Representative License for Fund Management from Securities Commission.
- Minimum ten (10) years progressive experience in related field, whereby at least three (3) years is in a leadership role.
- Strong investment operations knowledge with technical skills and analytical ability to be a hands-on administrator.
- A strategic thinker with ability to develop strategies with the aim to improve the investment returns, organization and to meet the strategic goals.
- Should have demonstrated experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in team management.
- Familiar with governing act and regulatory requirement relating to the investment.
- Excellent judgment, listens well, implements effective, efficient solutions to problems.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to motivate and build high performance, cross-functional teams.
- Utilizes support functions and all other available resources to apply best practices.